Take A Look Around

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Why Hello 2018!



Here I am, once again. I always feel like I need to apologise for not blogging more often... or for falling of the band wagon (when it comes to blogging). So, Sorry I've been MIA.

I haven't been focusing too much on my diet and exercise lately. I also haven't been binging and not caring at all. To be honest, it has been a nice balance. I haven't been obsessing and I haven't been indulging every day. Now that I look back at my last entry, I have actually lost weight and I think I am at the lowest I have been since blogging on this website.

Everything has been good. We adopted a dog (the most adorable thing that currently exists on this planet!) which has encouraged me to do some more walking. I take him for at least 1 walk every day so that has been working out for me and the little fur ball. I do admit, Alex does take the dog out for a walk much more frequently than I do. Something I hope I can change. 

Introducing: Kodi (age 4 adopted for almost 5 months)
**Sorry, I couldn't choose just one photo**

  
 


Anyways, in the spirit of the New Year, I am going to post my New Years Resolutions. Again, Weight Loss isn't a Resolution because (like I said last year) it is a life long journey that I have been dealing with for a long amount of time. My Resolutions are usually things I wish to change to make my life better.

Resolution #1 
To develop a proper night time/ morning routine.


At the current moment, I do not have a set "schedule" for "bed time." I often forget to do pretty important things (shower, take off make-up) which leads to a mad scramble in the morning when I need to shower, get ready, make a lunch, walk the dog (sometimes), have breakfast, and be out the door by 7am.  I hope that this year I can develop some sort of routine or schedule so that my mornings are a lot easier and less stressful. 

Resolution #2
To continue to spice up supper time.

I admit it, most of the time I come home with my fiance and we decide to cook something simple that both of us enjoy. It's nice... but I miss cooking. Last year I had the same resolution and I managed to add 8 recipes to our repertoire. I enjoy cooking, it makes me excited and happy. I want to continue building recipes (I discovers an incredible devilled eggs recipe yesterday) and cook more from scratch. This will include planning meals out for the whole week rather than spur of the moment decisions.
I hope to have 1 new recipe a month (at least), so this time next year there should be 12 more recipes in my recipe book.

Resolution #3
Be Healthier

I do not mean "lose weight." I think there is a big difference in what I am trying to say here. By this is mean:
  • Get a full night's sleep
  •  Drink Plenty of Water
  • Wash/Moisturize your face and skin
  • Take time for yourself (yoga, painting, etc).
  • Eat foods that nourish your body, not foods that temporarily make you feel good (cakes, etc).
  • Grow and strengthen your relationships
That is it for my resolutions this year. I usually only do 2 resolutions, but since one of them is continuing from last year I think I am good with adding a third one. 

Oh, and I suppose I should update you on how the whole weight situation is going (since this blog is about losing weight).

Original Weight: 202.6 lbs
Last Weight (29 April): 189.6 lbs
              Current Weight: 186.8 lbs
Weight Lost From Last Time: -2.8 lbs
Total Lost: 15.8 lbs

We are getting there, slowly... but surely.

Happy New Year's Everyone! 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment