Take A Look Around

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Day Four: Stressful Day


Day Four

What a day. I had such a rough day today. Sometimes being a substitute teacher can be so difficult. I was supposed to have today off, but got a call at 7am asking me to come in because a teacher I usually substitute for was sick. Of course, I am a YES man when it comes to substituting and I jumped at the opportunity. I haven't had a bad day yet (and we are in November!). However, today was a different story. Children weren't behaving and it just became a stressful day.
Image result for teacher
From Creative Commons

The first thing I wanted to do when I left school was stop at the grocery store and get some ketchup chips, curl up on the couch and veg out until I eventually go to bed. 

However, even though this temptation was intense I DIDN'T DO IT! I was so happy. Instead, I went home and had some ritz rice crackers (80 cals for 12 crackers) with some spicy hummus. It was such a huge step for me. I have always been an emotional eater. This just help affirm that I am in it this time, and my goals are achieveable. It just shows me how my mind set has changed.

They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. Here's to a strong first four days.

Short post today (I won't be posting every day), but I really wanted to get this small victory up to remind me when days are rough that I can do it.

So can you.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment