Take A Look Around

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Day Three: "'Tis One Thing to Be Tempted, Another Thing to Fall" --Shakespeare

Day Three

Tuesday and Wednesday have gone well so far! I am keeping my calories around 1200 and it seems to be going well. I am not hungry at the end of the night. I forgot to eat breakfast this morning (I just ran out of time: I need to fix that). I realize that today I wouldn't have had the calories for dinner if I had breakfast, which isn't the lifestyle I am going for.


Goal alert: Have breakfast everyday. I have Raspberry Yogurt (what I had to eat at work today, but didn't get to). I also have toast, apples, pineapples, peanut butter. There is no excuse to not be eating breakfast. 


Now, moving on from listing off all of my mistakes.


Temptation is a whole other thing. 


Thank-you William for some perspective today!


Today at work (I am a teacher) the principal did a teacher appreciation. He bought coffee and donuts to say thank-you for all of our hard work and dedication. It was very thoughtful and so I decided to have one. This needs to be a new goal as well: it is okay to decline unhealthy food. You do not have to eat the donuts, chocolate bars, candy that are put throughout the staff room and given to you by co-workers and children. Temptation is everywhere. Just because you do not buy the junk food, does not mean that it is okay to eat. That being said: you do not have to beat yourself up because you gave into temptation. You were tempted but you have not fallen. 

Today I went for a hike (in loads of snow-- YAY Canada!) with my friend to help burn off some extra calories. We took her dog around a lake. There were loads of hills and we were walking at a good pace. It got my heart rate up, which is better than nothing. Right now, I am focusing on being better in the kitchen before I throw in exercise too. I really want to make sure that I do not over whelm myself by changing my life too much. 

So NEW GOALS:
1. Eat breakfast every single day.
2. You can decline unhealthy gifts (but if you don't you do not need to beat yourself up because of it).

I think these are achievable, baby steps here. I can do it.  


Have a great day!

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment